A swimming pool is a wonderful place where your family can enjoy to the fullest. You want your pool to be accessible to all your family members, don’t you? You want your kids and the elders in your family to have an enjoyable swimming session in the pool without running the risk of injuries and falls. When you are buying an above ground pool, you will notice that you also get a ladder along with most of the time. However, it would be prudent on your part not to rely on this ladder entirely.
More often than not, the ladder that is inbuilt with the above ground pool is not of the desired quality and comes with weight restrictions. When you have kids at home, you need to ensure that your pool remains safe and accessible at the same time for them. You would want ladders that come with safety gates that close automatically so that your kids cannot get into the pools without your supervision. Thus, you can see that ladders do play a very important role in ensuring that your family has a safe and enjoyable swimming session.
Also, when you have elderly members of your family, you need to make your swimming pool easily accessible to them. Most of the in-built ladders that come along with the above-ground pools that you buy aren’t of great quality and they easily break or bend, due to the weight. When you invest in such low-quality pool ladders, you are putting your family’s safety at great risk.
Slipping and falling from a pool ladder can cause serious injuries to the brain, spine or bones. Hence, it is very important to invest in pool ladders that are made from very durable and slip-resistant materials to provide you with great stability. Quality of the materials, weight limitations, safety features (gate, handrails, etc.), size and design and the cost of the pool ladder are some of the important factors that you need to check when investing in pool ladders.
Ensure that you give top priority to the materials and safety features. If you have to pay an additional cost for these features, we would highly recommend you to do so than choosing the low-cost ladders that are made from flimsy materials. After all, your safety is more important than money, isn’t it?
Here are 6 of the good pool ladders that we feel are worth putting your money in:
If you are looking for an affordable yet durable pool ladder that comes with reasonable safety measurements installed in it, the Slide-Lock A-Frame Above Ground Pool Ladder from Vinyl Works is the right choice for you. Once you have invested in this ladder, you can rest assured that you have made the entry to and exit from your pool safe and accessible to all your family members, irrespective of their age. Here are some features of this ladder:
- Can accommodate a weight of 300lbs
- Slide-lock design ensures that the exterior ladder can slide up easily so that it can be locked into place; this prevents unnecessary or risky access to the pools
- Can be easily installed in pools with wall dimensions of 48 to 52 inches
- Comes with 4 treads on each side, which makes it very easy to use this ladder
- Comes with an anti-entrapment barrier and swim-through barrier, which improve the security mechanism
- Durability guaranteed at all times, thanks to the anti-skid surfaces, double-extended handrails (10” downward) and highly durable stainless steel exteriors
Looking for a ladder that provides you ultimate protection while getting in or out of your pool? Want a ladder that offers you the flexibility to adjust its length to suit your requirements? If yes, the A-Frame 7200 Above-Ground Pool Ladder with an Adjustable Pool Roll-Guard from Confer Plastics is the right choice for you. Here are some interesting aspects of this ladder that will make you want to own one right away.
- Comes with an adjustable A-Frame that can be fit pool between 48 and 56 inches tall
- Very comfortable and broad comfort read steps in the dimensions of 18 x5
- Comes with an extra-large platform to lend more stability to users
- Includes lockable Roll Guard Barrier; this ensures that the ladder is rolled over the outer steps when it is not in use
- Designed to suit pool tops that are up to 14 inches wide
- Can accommodate a maximum weight of 300lbs
If you are looking for a pool ladder that is suitable for all age groups of your family members, affordable and provides you good value for your money, the Blue Wave NE1175 Heavy Duty In-Pool Ladder is a good choice for you. As the name indicates, it is definitely one of the most heavy-duty pool ladders in the market today because it is constructed of high-quality resin. Why is this ladder a good buy? Read on to know more:
- Constructed using resin, which makes the ladder more durable and corrosion-resistant than most of its counterparts
- Stairs designed with deep 5-inch, non-slip treads to lend more comfort and stability for people to get into the pools; this makes the ladder a far better choice than ladders with 4-tread design stairs
- Includes 22-inch high handrails to give more support and grip for people using the ladders, especially the senior citizens
- Comes with a child-proof barrier, which ensures 100% safety for kids while using the ladders to enter into the pools
- Can be adjusted to fit deck heights between 48 and 54inches
- Can accommodate a maximum weight of 300lbs
- Comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer
Intex is one of the top brands in manufacturing swimming pool related products, and it doesn’t disappoint with its products at all. The ladder that we are going to see here, Intex Steel Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool Ladder for 48” Wall Height Pools, is no exception to this rule. It is one of the sturdiest and durable ladders that you can find in the stores today for many reasons. Here are some exciting features about this ladder:
- The double-sided ladder comes with coated steel frame, which is very durable and resistant to corrosion, contaminants and climate changes
- Includes strong steps that provide high impact and are resistant to slips and skids
- A solid platform to increase comfort while using the ladder to enter or exit the pool
- Compatible with pools that have maximum wall dimensions of 48”
- Can accommodate a maximum weight of 300 pounds
Are you looking for a pool ladder that will accommodate larger weights than most of the other ladders in the market? Do you expect your ladder to be the utmost durable and reliable at the same time? If yes, the Confer Staircase Style Above Ground Pool Ladder is the right choice. It comes in a pleasing warm grey color, and as the name indicates, it is designed in a safe staircase-style pattern that you would find inside your homes. Here are some more details about this ladder that will explain to you why many people love this.
- Comes with heavy-duty, durable steps that can work well for pools with a maximum height of 52inches; the ladder also decks up to a maximum of 60 inches, giving you extra comfort and safety
- Safe, secure and comfortable entry and exit to the pool area guaranteed at all times, thanks to the extra-wide 31 inches pathway that comes with the ladder
- Pool step dimensions are 31 x 47 x 32, which gives you good grip and stability while you are using it
- One of the best features of this ladder is that it can accommodate a maximum weight of 400lbs, whereas most of its counterparts have a maximum limit of 300lbs
- Steps made from high-quality, heavy-duty and highly durable resin polymers, which makes it resistant to harsh climatic changes and the dangerous UV rays of the sun
Now, here is a pool ladder that has been exclusively designed for kids. If you have a lot of kids at home or hold kids’ parties during the weekends or vacations, you need to get this ladder for your backyard above-ground pool. There are not many ladders that have an exclusive target audience in mind. This is where the Easy Step Pool Entry With Gate has impressed us. What are the safety features that it brings to the table so that the safety of the kids is guaranteed at all times during entry and exit from the pool? Read on to know more:
- Made from robust vinyl that is resistant to corrosion and harsh climate changes
- Designed in such a way that it is compatible to be used with round or oval pools that are 48 to 54 inches tall
- Comes with a spring-loaded, self-closing, lockable gate which ensures that kids cannot access the pool without the supervision of the parents or guardians; it also prevents strangers, pedestrians or pets accessing the pool
- Can accommodate a maximum weight limit of 350lbs
- Designed with a sturdy platform that protects the top railing of the pool
- Comes with a 3-year warranty